TOAST.net provides the following ways to check your usage
- From our TOAST.net Start Page - a Wireless Usage module that shows your percentage used
- Login to My Account - Usage details section will show your daily usage
- Email - we send email notifications when you are at 80% of your usage used and continue to send a daily reminder until the end of the month or your usage goes below 80%.
Data is measured in units; megabytes or gigabytes. When you visit a web page, send an email, watch a movie, or download a photo, your device is sending and or receiving data. Each of these activities requires different amounts of data to be transferred from the Internet to your device. Below are some examples of typical Internet activities and the amount of data downloaded to your device in 1 hour.
Browsing & Email (Facebook, Gmail, etc...): 25MB
Listening to music (Pandora, I♥Radio, etc...): 50MB
Watching videos (YouTube, NetFlix, etc...): 300MB
Most mobile hotspots allow for multiple devices to be connected, so make sure to take this into consideration. The more devices you have connected and the more people you have using your hotspot, naturally the more data will be consumed.
So now that you understand how much a GB is and how long on average you can use the Internet, how much data do you really need? Our studies have shown that 75% of our customers use less than 1GB, but how far does that go? 1 GB is actually a lot of data use for one person. Consider that 1GB of data transfer roughly equates to:
- 1 hour of use per day (30 days)
- 750 web pages
- 1,500 text emails
- 2.5 hours of music streaming
- 1 hour of video streaming